Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp
Many of you have seen the above message from WhatsApp which is shocking for you. You always wondered, why this happened and what you should do to avoid this. This happens because you have violated their terms and conditions. WhatsApp bans accounts in two ways of Ban, Temporary and permanent.
Temporary Ban is generally for 8 or 24 hours while permanent Ban is as the name suggests, permanent. As there is almost no documentation and explanation about the ban, its always a matter of speculation amongst the user as to why your number was banned.
WhatsApp Banned & its solution Video
Because your WhatsApp account gets banned, WhatsApp just gives you an email redirecting you to their terms of service document. You are redirected to this link. Which tells you to use WhatsApp in a responsible way. Then there is a link to terms of services of WhatsApp, But that also does not tell you why your number got banned.
But nothing tells you exactly why was your number banned. You are left guessing and confused.
- We have to understand WhatsApp is owned by a for-profit company, Facebook. Their purpose is to maximize their revenue and profits.
- Their 2 crore users are their biggest asset on which they earn revenue with Business API that they provide.
- Their user base will keep on increasing as long as the service is clean and without spam.
- If someone sends lots of WhatsApp messages, then the service becomes bad and WhatsApp will lose their users. (Remember, their users are their asset).
- So if you generate SPAM messages, they will ban you.
- WhatsApp generates revenue by API and other automation services.
- So if you use third-party tools to emulate those functions then also WhatsApp will Ban your number.
Is Ban dependent on the tool that you use?
It’s a common myth that the Whatsapp ban is dependent on the tool that you use. In fact, there is no relation whatsoever between the tool and the reason or logic for your number getting banned.
WhatsApp monitors account activity on their server-side and not on the client-side. So the tool does not matter. It’s the wrong use of the tool that is the problem. In fact, you don’t need any tool for WhatsApp Marketing, everything is right built-in.
Do You Want To Attend WhatsApp Marketing Webinar?
What is the reason for Banning your number
- Using a 3rd party tool for sending Automated WhatsApp messages.
- Sending Lots of Messages in a short period of time.
- A sudden increase in the number of messages sent. Especially on a new number.
- Sending the same message to lots of people, in a short period of time.
- The ratio of sent v/s received is wrong. You are sending lots of messages but you receive very less number of messages.
- Sending messages to unsaved contacts can also result in Ban. This clearly means that you are sending messages to people whom you don’t know.
- People report or Block you. This is the #1 reason for your number getting banned.
How to activate banned WhatsApp number
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your official email ID. Explain the usage pattern and request for removing the ban.
- When you get a message that your number is banned, there is a popup with two buttons. Support and cancel.
- Click on Support.
- On the next screen click on none of the reasons above.
- Now WhatsApp will open your Email Client and compose a message. Don’t press send yet.
- Two things you need to do before you hit send.
- Please include the log file that is generated
- You will get an auto-response saying that they are looking into the same.
- After 4-24 hours, you should get a response and your WhatsApp number will get activated.
- This may or may not happen based on what is detected by their servers.
- After 2-3 Ban, there can be a PERMANENT BAN. After that WhatsApp does not even respond to your email queries.
- Be careful the above process is not guaranteed to work always.
- We have to remember that Whatsapp is a private company and not a govt department. Your logic does not apply there.
Do You Want To Attend WhatsApp Marketing Webinar?
How to avoid WhatsApp Ban
- People to whom you send messages Always send messages
- People who know you or you know them.
- OR You have a reason to send a message to them.
- OR those who might find your messages useful.
- Save people into your Contact List first before sending them the messages.
- Number and frequency of messages
- Increase the number of messages gradually.
- The frequency of messages to people is important. Make sure that there is a gap of 7-15 days between two messages that anyone receives from your side.
- Messages and its content is important
- Send messages which people would respond to.
- Don’t send the same message again and again.
- Single messages don’t motivate people to take action. You need a series of messages or a campaign of related messages to be effective.
- Never send these types of messages:
- Obscene defamatory statements about anyone.
- Any message that might contain viruses or malware.
- The Phone Number and Other details
- Always use the official WhatsApp app. Using unofficial Apps like GB WhatsApp or any other is more likely to result in a ban.
- Always keep updated to the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Always use 3G or 4G and not Wifi.
- Use phone number which is popular. Don’t get a new number for this activity.
- Don’t use Automation Tools.
- Some important tips
- Always back up your WhatsApp so that you can restore the same.
- If some chat history is important then download it or email it to your email ID.
Understand Marketing first and then WhatsApp tool.
In WhatsApp Marketing, marketing is more important than WhatsApp. Most people just want to send lots of messages to lots of people in a very short time. This is the reason why their number gets banned and also their entire exercise is not fruitful.
We have created a detailed article, with Video and PPT for Practical Guide to WhatsApp marketing, Please spend some time on the same and take maximum benefit of WhatsApp Marketing.