WhatsApp is probably most used means of communications across the planet. In India, WhatsApp is very widely used for business also. Apparently, your Customers also use WhatsApp for communication. WhatsApp CRM integration can be of extremely effective means of communication especially by using Templates and automated transactional WhatsApp Messages.
Lets first look at some numbers about WhatsApp:
- More than 1.5 Billion Active users.
- More than 75% of users use it daily.
- Its 2nd most used Mobile App.
- More than 55 Billion messages sent daily.
- Most of Indians use it for Business also.
Three types of WhatsApp accounts.
- WhatsApp personal Account
- This is free to use.
- It has personal information and essential communication functions which are extremely useful on a personal level.
- Everyone has been using this for ages now (at least it looks like it). There are mobile apps for almost every platform and also WhatsApp for Web, which works in alignment with your Mobile number.WhatsApp Personal
- WhatsApp for Business App is free to use.
- It also allows registering landline numbers for WhatsApp Messaging.
- It provides some useful features like necessary information about the business, Automated replies shortcuts for frequently used messages and similar other functions.
- WhatsApp recently launched this special Android-only App for SME businesses. Apparently, the most significant market for this app is, India.
- WhatsApp for Business App. (SME)
- It is available to selected few vendors as a pilot project and will surely come at a very dear cost.
- In fact, WhatsApp launched this before launching the Business App for SME (as mentioned above). WhatsApp is targeting Enterprises.WhatsApp for Business (Enterprise)
- WhatsApp is providing API for this Account, using as much automation as possible.
WhatsApp Business or CRM Integration?
Even if we use Business WhatsApp correctly and efficiently, it can enhance our marketing efforts to a large extent. We have created a guide to WhatsApp Marketing, Please have a look. Don’t miss the video.
CRM Integration without WhatsApp API?
Mobile CRM App from Enjay, provides easy to use templates and single click WhatsApp sending from Mobile itself. We are not using WhatsApp API as of now. However, if the requirement is there, then that can be done.
Benefits of WhatsApp CRM Integration
Bulk WhatsApp broadcast is apparently not on the cards here. We are talking about the transactional and operational use of WhatsApp for marketing promotions and Sales process management.
WhatsApp Message is the most direct means of communication. Most of the people read WhatsApp before they read email or SMS. So the effectiveness of WhatsApp is unparalleled.
- Template Based
Send pre-formatted (or custom) text messages along with links to your prospects and customers.
Create a drip-marketing campaign to send sequence of WhatsApp message to your Leads.
Imagine sending Happy birthday message or ETA of Delivery or anniversary greetings to your Client’s WhatsApp. Triggering time-based or date based WhatsApp messages is a great idea.
Examples of WhatsApp CRM Integration
Here are a few areas where WhatsApp CRM integration can work wonders. While this is a small suggestive list of use cases, the possibilities are endless. Your imagination is the only limitation.
- Lead Nurturing.
- Send your product brochures, Images and Videos to your prospect based on their recent interactions with your team (or your website).
- Here is a small video which explain use of Whatsapp Templates from CRM
- Sales Follow-up
- Send an automated WhatsApp message with details of your product (and preferably some images or doc files) when someone fills up a form on your website.
- Order Tracking and updates
- Send automated notifications about order tracking and delivery updates to your clients.
- For Customer Support and Ticketing.
- Helpdesk functionality can be revolutionalised using WhatsApp CRM Integration. Sending updates on ticket creation, status, and resolution.
- Get feedback from your customers.
- When a support ticket closes, send a small notification to your client with a small link which they can click and give instant feedback.
- Notifications for your Team
- Naturally, your team also uses WhatsApp to no small extent. How about notifying your Sales and support teams about inquiries or tickets being assigned to them or anything getting escalated internally.
How does WhatsApp CRM Integration work?
- Sending individual WhatsApp messages using Templates.
- This is possible from the Web interface as well as Mobile Interface.
- These messages are sent from your own WhatsApp mobile numbers.
- Scheduled WhatsApp Messages based on some event.
- CRM creates a message based on the template selected.
- Then it is ready for you to send, with a single click.
- This WhatsApp queue is defined based on Teams or registered WhatsApp Numbers which have been defined in the CRM.
- Do you require to pay anything to WhatsApp?
- No, because no API is used here.
What’s Next with WhatsApp CRM Integration?
Obviously, the next step is going to be an Integrated AI-based chat experience, Where the chat-bot engine is talking to all different mediums at the same time and responding to them. For example, your clients can communicate with you on SMS, WhatsApp or chat or Facebook Messenger and your Integrated AI-based chatbot will respond automatically. But that needs WhatsApp API Integration.